It’s time to finally announce the Readathon that I have been working on for the past couple of months. I do have plans to host more after this, based on other Disney films.
Have you guessed the film yet? Of course you have it’s Mary Poppins. I did decide to combine both films as it seemed more fun and gave more range of different prompts and teams.
This readathon will take place from July 1st to August 10th. You can either start it when it turns midnight on July 1st in your timezone or in the BST timezone. Although it will end at midnight BST on August 10th regardless.
So as I mentioned there will be teams, and it may be slightly competitive but I am no good at creating spread sheets so I will be making a Google form to fill in with a simple way for me to tally up prompts, unless anyone is able to make me a spread sheet. I would be forever in your debt for
The Teams are: Team Mary Poppins, Team Banks, Team Jack and Team Bert
Now let’s get into the prompts, which will also be in the discord. Links to that and the Twitter page will be at the bottom of this blog.
Mary Poppins: Mary Poppins is practically perfect in every way so naturally you must read a 5 star prediction.
Bert: The loyal friend who is always there to cheer up those who are feeling down so read a book with a loyal friend/character
The Banks: This family comes with a whole set of problems, yet in the end they always come together so read a book with strong family values/relationships
Jack: This cheerful Leary was not only the apprentice of Bert but Mary Poppins was his nanny when he was a boy so read a book with a mentor or someone who looks out for another character.
- Mary Poppins:
- The Perfect Nanny: Read a book with either a nanny or a foster family.
- Sister Suffragette: Read a book set during the suffragette movement or with women empowerment
- The Life I Lead: Read an autobiography or a fictional work where someone specifically tells their own story.
- A Spoonful of Sugar: Read a book that you think will be a light-hearted read.
- Jolly Holiday: Read a book set in a country other the country you live in
- Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious: Read the longest book on your TBR. Manga or graphic novels can’t be counted for this prompt.
- Stay Awake: Read a book in one sitting or over a 24 hour period
- I Love To Laugh: Read a book you think will make you laugh
- Feed The Birds: Read a book with a bird on the cover
- Fidietly Fiduciary Bank: Read your most expensive book.
- Chim Chimney: Read a book where the main character has a job
- Step In Time: Read a book you want to read or the first book you think of
- Lets Go Fly A Kite: Read the final book in a series or the last book in a series that is published.
- Mary Poppins Returns
- Can You Imagine That: Read a fantasy set in a different world.
- The Royal Dalton Music Hall: Read a book that features music or a musician
- A Cover Is Not The Book: You get double points for this book but can only complete it once. Read a book that you don’t like the cover of.
- The Place Where The Lost Things Go: Read a book where a character loses someone or a book set in Heaven
- Turning Turtle: Read a manga
- Trip a Little Light Fantastic: Read a book where the main character needs guidance or gives guidance
- Nowhere to Go But Up: Read the next book in a series
- Underneath the Lovely London Sky: Read a book set in London
Now that we have the prompts sorted let me get into the points. I am going to have to trust you not to lie about it all.
You get 100 points for each 100 pages you read and 50 points for any number less than that. So if a book is 499 pages then you get 450 points. However you would also get 450 points for a book with 401 pages.
On top of the page count you get 50 points for each prompt you fill out. Although you can only use a book to cover a maximum of four prompts.
The only book you can’t double up is the book you pick for the prompt A Cover is not the Book. The double points for this work out as 200 in place of 100 and 100 in place of 50 in the way that is explained above
Also remember you get double points for reading a book for your own teams prompt. But you can only complete that prompt once.
If you think a book counts for a prompt then it counts but you can always ask in the discord, which I will list below. You can also ask on the official Twitter page or on my personal Twitter, again which will be down below.
For a book to count you must fi out the Google Docs form that I will release a few days before the Readathon starts. Any books entered before the start date will not be counted.
I think that is everything covered if there is something I have missed then I will address it.
Before we get any further let me get one thing clear
- My Personal Twitter is: https://mobile.twitter.com/KateADale
- The Readathon Twitter is: https://mobile.twitter.com/Coverisnotbook
- Discord: Where most of the action will be is https://discord.gg/DWFnyKRqn9
- If the discord link doesn’t work then just contact me on one of the above Twitter accounts (preferably my personal Twitter) and I will send you a link.